1. Mustard, lemon and rosemary roast chicken
- 1/3 cup Maille Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup rosemary leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled, sliced
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 2kg chicken pieces (drumsticks, thigh or breast on bone), skin on
Step 1: Combine mustard, oil, rosemary, parsley, garlic, lemon rind and 1/3 cup lemon juice in a small food processor. Process until well combined. Pour into a large ceramic dish. Season with salt and pepper.
Step 2: Add chicken pieces and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Step 3: Preheat oven to 190°C. Place chicken pieces on a roasting rack over a baking Tray. Spoon over remaining marinade. Roast for 50 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Place on a platter. Serve warm or at room temperature.
2. Spiced orange roast chicken
- 2kg chicken thigh fillets
- 80ml (1/3 cup) fresh orange juice
- 80ml (1/3 cup) honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- Finely chopped fresh chives, to serve
Step 1 : Place the chicken in an ovenproof dish. Add the orange juice, honey, oil, garlic, coriander, cumin and turmeric and gently toss until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour to marinate.
Step 2 : Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the orange over the top of the chicken. Roast in the oven, basting with pan juices, for 45 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Place on a serving platter and top with chives to serve.